Friday, October 31, 2014

Dial "P" For Podcasts




Before I started college, I worked as a delivery driver. It was a good gig because I got to drive around Winnipeg all day and listen to podcasts. On average, I listened to between 8 and 20 hours a week of podcasts of all different types.
Now that I'm at school, my intake has dropped significantly, but I listen whenever I can. When I mention my love of them, people often ask me what exactly I'm actually listening to.

Here are my Top 3 podcast preferences:


The Nerdist Podcast

Comedian and host extraordinaire, Chris Hardwick, began Nerdist after he got tired of playing the Hollywood game. Hardwick is a recovered alcoholic and The Nerdist Way was his way of telling his fellow nerds about tapping into their nerdiness to benefit their own lives. He's created a media empire including a number of excellent podcasts like...



Chris Hardwick, along with his pals Matt Mira and Jonah Ray, have hour-long chats with people of note from all parts of culture. Notable examples include Tom Hanks, Mike Birbiglia, and Hardwick's dad, professional bowler, Billy Hardwick.



WTF with Marc Maron

Marc Maron is an angry, angry man but a fantastic interviewer. Maron takes a more investigative slant than the Nerdist, but he also gets spectacular, honest, and raw interviews. If you don't like harsh language avoid this one.


Notable episodes include Todd Glass, Mel Brooks, and Gallagher.



Laser Time Network


 Chris Antista started his own podcast network and most of the podcasts under his brand are great. The flagship show is probably my favourite.

Laser Time is a low energy, hilarious, weekly-themed show that exists primarily to make fun of pop culture. It's Antista and a rotating cast of his friends making jokes and loosely following a theme like shame songs, functional immortality, or fear.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More