Friday, November 7, 2014

Books! (They're Not Just For Nerds Anymore)




It has become a popular trend in recent years for comedians to write memoirs. I love reading a comedian's memoirs! I like to know the details of their lives, how they were shaped into who they are, how they got their break etc. 
Today is another compact post all about some great books by great comedians you should check out.


Bossypants by Tina Fey (or as I hastily typed it into Amazon, "boosyplants")






Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin
(I would highly recommend the audiobook version of this, as Steve narrates it himself)



Paddle Your Own Canoe: One Man's Fundamentals for Delicious Living by Nick Offerman



Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned" by Lena Dunham
(don't concern yourself with the fake controversy that some bloggers tried to start about it, Dunham has blasted away roadblocks for women in comedy)




Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling


1 comments:

Nick Offerman reminds me of my Uncle: the ultimate macho man who probably has a scotch somewhere nearby at all times. Also, Lena Dunham's bookcover art reminds me of the cover art on Sylvia Plath's only novel, The Bell Jar. Which isn't comedic. At all.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More